.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Ukhozi FM"s DJ Sbu caught speeding at 257km/h in a 120km/h zone

TS Records founder member and Ukhozi FM presenter DJ Sbu Leope is apologising for being found in the wrong of the law this week.

While driving from the Eastern Cape on Sunday, he was stopped by the traffic officials driving his Audi TT at 257km/h in a 120km/h zone.

On Tuesday, he appeared at the Johannesburg Magistrate's Court for reckless and dangerous driving. He admitted guilt and was fined by the magistrate.

DJ Sbu says: "I was driving a comfortable car and I was not even aware that I was speeding. But as a responsible citizen of South Africa, I don't condone my actions.

"I am aware that I did something wrong, but I want to urge people to be careful when they drive on the roads because speed kills. Since it is the festive season, I want to urge drivers and pedestrians to be careful on the roads."

DJ Sbu is known for the social responsibility is initiatives like the Dress A Child and Geleza 4 Life - initiatives that go to different schools across the country to give children school uniforms and highlight the importance of education, respectively.

DJ Sbu is also behind the Artists Against Crime initiative - the first one this year was held in Soweto last month where he put together prominent artists to urge youngsters of different townships not to involve themselves in criminal activities.

On Sunday, December 16, DJ Sbu will be leading the same campaign at Abrahamsrust, in Sasolburg Vaal.

The Friends Like These presenter added: "I would like to extend my apologies to the South African society for being in the wrong side of the law."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi mates, how is all, and what you want to say concerning this paragraph, in
my view its really awesome in support of
me.

my web site :: http://www.phpfoxtech.com/index.php?do=/profile-11310/info