.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Bongani Fassie

The apple doesnt fall far from the tree. In Bongani Fassies' case, its testimonial that he would follow in his mothers footsteps when it comes to being an incredibly talented musician.

Bongani has released a jazz album titled MAKANA SQUARE under his own record label: FASSIE RECORDS. This is not the first time Bongani has released an album. He released his debut album at age of 10, simply titled AFRICAN BOY, then in 2002 he released an album with the group NU AGE called AMELO.
On his 18th birthday, his mother bought him a computer and he started using the piano to record his music he has composed and recorded over 300 songs since then.

My foundation is hip-hop, my platform is African and then I bring in other elements like jazz, classical, samba and even techno. I believe that to be a musician and have an
orthodox approach is limiting.

Bongani ( Bongz as his sometimes known ) has teamed up with old friends and formed a hip-hop group called ShimanE.C.T. which has also just released their debut album entitled RUNNIN BIZZ. The group comprises of Bongani, Shimane Lekoma and Lesley Mampe. Bongani produced the ShimanE.C.T double album, he also produced the track RESTLESS on RJ BENJAMINS Who I Am album

Bongani turned down offers from some major record labels and decided to start his own thing. As he told the media: I chose the independent route because I want to be in control of my own destiny as a producer and a musician. And thats what my mother always wanted to be independent.
Fassie has the right foundation and the talent to match. MAKANA SQUARE is all jazz and is out on Fassie Records.
For more information contact Ghetto Ruff at

No comments: