.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Thapelo Mokoena: The Bodyguard I want to Guard!


I did not meet Thapelo Mokoena to check out how smooth his face is, how sexy his laugh is nor to hear how captivating his voice is but how could I not have noticed when all that stood between us was a tiny table that was not even big enough to accommodate his bottle of Heineken and my glass of water? Let’s be real now, the man is an actor and for all I know he could have been acting throughout the interview to make me believe he’s the best thing to ever hit mother earth and you know what? I damn well fell for it. Like every second actor in South Africa, Thapelo is a former Generations actor. He was the host for our first ever edition of Fear Factor SA and he thereafter stepped in to fill Fezile Mpela’s size 14 boots in the local drama series, Mzansi. Did I mention Fezile was in Generations too?? I caught up with the Ladysmith born actor in Melrose Arch and the one thing that stood out from our chat is that he is very happy with the way his career has played out so far. He is more than moketa ola wa (skinny) bodyguard who kissed Karabo and he is certainly more than your average actor.

No comments: