.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

And who is DJ Terance?


It took me a while to get to know who Terance Molefe of Soul Candi is and what he does. In the past whenever I had been to visit the DJ at Soul Candi's record shop, he would be either assisting customers or chatting to other visiting DJs, which made it difficult for me to communicate with him. On the successful SoulCandi Session 3 project, Terance's name appeared as one of the three artists involved in the album, compiling and mixing disk one of the three CDs. After listening to disk one, I knew I would have to push aside the punters and DJs so that I could have a chat with the popular DJ.
Now in April 2007, Terence has finally dropped his own project titled, ‘Music Box' – which sounds like a continuation of where he left off with the triple disk. Chatting from the SoulCandi offices, he said ‘Music Box', was supposed to have been released last year but SoulCandi Director, Harael Salkow, asked him to be part of the triple CD SoulCandi Session 3 mix offering three different styles of house music. Not to throw the opportunity away, Terence agreed to be part of the project.
Back in the day Terence and a friend shared the same interest, which was music. One night they saw someone DJing on a local show called Electric Workshop and the love for being a DJ became fertile. “I used to see people DJing but never knew what they were actually doing. The first person I saw spinning vinyl was Ganyani. And from that point, I started collecting records”. The DJ said back then his first step was to collect music before he could start playing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Normally I do not read article on blogs, but I would
like to say that this write-up very compelled me to take
a look at and do it! Your writing taste has been surprised me.

Thanks, quite nice article.

My web-site; Taylor Swift - I Knew You Were Trouble (Kim Viera Cover)